Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Fun



It's been a long time since I've written in the blog, and even longer since I wore a race number. But, it's summer!!! And with the long days and great weather comes opportunities to race.

About a week ago, I ran the Missoula half-marathon with my friend, Deb, and and new friend, Lanelle. We had a great time on a beautiful day. It was great to be out there with lots of other runners and just enjoying the run. We ran a pretty mellow pace, but it was great to finish with gas in the tank and feeling like I could keep going.

So, half-marathons are a great distance. Enough to be challenging and pretty hard. But, the training doesn't take too long.

Marathons --- now that's another story. It's getting to the time when we need to get serious about the long runs. When it comes to the 15 to 18 mile runs, it really starts to get hard.

But, it's summer.... Time for some (serious) training fun. That's what we're all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment