Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Next up - Miami!


This Sunday morning I will spend a little quality time on Miami Beach with about 18000 of my closest friends. The Miami marathon is the "big" event around these parts - just about everyone I know runs it.

It's become a destination marathon for many with participants from all over the place. And why not? It starts in downtown Miami, crosses the causeway to Miami Beach (passing a beautiful view of cruise ships at port), along South Beach hot spots, over another causeway (ocean views, Miami skyline) back to downtown - and that's just for the half! The full marathon continues south to Coconut Grove, through historic Miami (architecture and gorgeous landscape) and back. It's scenic, flat, and the weather is usually quite lovely. No wonder it's grown so in popularity since it's inception in 2003.

Most of my friends are running the half (as am I) with a few doing the full. Usually I go solo, but this year am planning to carpool down and hang out with the gang afterward for brunch. Yes, I'm am playing hooky from church this week ... they can get along without me!

Palm trees, sunshine, ocean breezes, a scenic run with great friends followed by pancakes -- it just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment